Applicants must be at least 18 years old (21 years old for interstate driving); have an acceptable driving record; possess a valid driver’s license and meet specific driver qualifications established by the office of motor carrier safety including a physical examination and drug test; and possess a social security card.
Students must also have a High School, GED, or ATB English proficiency level. The school director reserves the right to accept or reject applicants, in their best interest, based upon the above requirements. Changing Lanes CDL School training programs are taught in English only per Federal testing guidelines.
General Enrollment Criteria
• Must be at least 21 years old to qualify for job placement assistance
• Must have a current Texas drivers license in good standing and issued in the United States
• Must have a high school diploma or GED.
• Must have the basic and fundamental skills to read, write and speak the English language as per F.M.C.S.R.
• Must be able to understand highway traffic signs and signals.
• Must be able to make entries on reports and records
• Must be a lawful permanent resident of the United States
• Must have an original or certified copy of birth certificate to obtain a permit from the DMV
• Must obtain a Texas MVR Type 3A with no convictions in the past 3 years of any of the following: DUI, Refusal to take a chemical test, hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident, or careless/reckless driving
• No DUI in the past 5 years or more than two DUI’s in a lifetime
All student will be required to take and pass a DOT physical and drug screen by their first day of class.
All students must meet the United States Department of Transportation physical qualifications as stated in Section 391 of the Federal Motor Carrier’s Safety Regulation Handbook. The school may require written documentation from a physician regarding an applicant’s health in addition to the DOT Medical Card. Students are required to disclose contagious diseases. Once these requirements are met, applicants are asked to contact the school and take part in an admissions interview. Upon acceptance, the applicant will then need to complete the enrollment agreement and provide payment for tuition.